Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Traffic Laws in Ontario?

Did I miss something? Are there new traffic laws in Ontario? There is this very strange trend I have seen as of late while doing my crossing guard work...

Apparently it is now okay to just honk when going through a red light! I have seen this way to many times over the last few months. And... we are talking red light! Not yellow turning to red.. but red before the vehicle is even at the intersection.

As the vehicle approaches the intersection, they honk their horn and keep on going! Apparently this will notify any pedestrians or traffic that has a green light that they should hold on. Unbelievable! Now there are some drivers have not picked up this habit.. they still just go through.. shame on them.

This is why even though the light is green, the walk signal is on, I have raised my stop sign, I have blown the whistle.. I still tell the kids to wait until I give them a verbal ok to cross.

I try to get the license plates to send to the police, but they are usually going to fast or I am concentrating on the kids.

Wish I could pull over vehicles and write tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story of Three Men and Their Babies

The Story of Three Men and Their Babies - A Non-Fictional Short Story By Rob MacArthur The recent passing of Scott Crawford and Bruce Hyde h...